Sunday, 23 February 2014

Eating Clean : Lifestyle Post!

I've been wanting to do a lifestyle post since I first opened my blog but wasn't quite sure what to do first as there are so many elements I could write about. I haven't really talked about me all that much since starting a blog so am thinking of doing one of those Q&A or Get To Know Me posts, but kind of want to wait until someone says they actually desperately need one haha! But one thing that I have to share in this lifestyle post is that I am a massive foodie, in fact most of my everyday thoughts revolve around food. As sad (or to some of you, maybe normal) as it sounds it is so very true, and as I am genuinely not really ever full, can you blame me?!
I decided with a lot of optimism to make a conscious effort to cut out sugar from my meals and have been 'eating clean' since October. This is something a lot of people seem to be doing at the moment. I still have treats pretty much every day but have limited them to 1 or 2 as I have a sweet tooth and love puddings a lot, and just like to keep most meals healthy. I've really been enjoying putting meals together and feeling good about myself that I'm eating nutritious meals, and have just generally been more energetic and healthier.
I wanted to write this post under a 'recipe' kind of description, but it's so simple there is no real recipe. It's so pretty to capture on my camera that I just wanted to share this salad, which I've been having a lot this week. I believe it goes by the name 'Tricolore Salad'. I used to have this, and instead of avocado would have basil, but I feel like this is more of a lunch with the avocado making it a little more sizeable. If you can't already make out what it consists of (I'm pretty sure you can) it's mozzarella, avocado and tomato with a drizzling of extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

I just thought I'd showcase my pretty little salad, and hope it'll give you some motivation to maybe be a little healthier, have a healthy lunch or keep going on your eating clean adventure!

8 comments:

  1. Love this post and your blog in general - the salad looks delicious! I may have to try and make it :) Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! That's the most genuine comment and I really appreciate it :). Definitely it's such a classic! xx

      Delete
  2. This look amazing. Brilliant photography, I wish I would just taste that balsamic vinegar!!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That salad looks so simple and tasty, I want to recreate this for my clean eating and health Instagram page. Hope you continue to enjoy healthy eating, I love it!

    Meg | meg-says.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's super delicious you should definitely recreate this! Let me know if you do I'll take a look at your page :). Thanks! Thanks for reading xx

      Delete