Thursday, 6 March 2014

Pai Geranium & Thistle Perfect Balance Day Cream






I've started to really make an effort to take good care of my skin recently, and Caroline Hirons' blog has been a big source of information for my decision making when it comes to products. However, moisturiser is one of those categories where there are SO many it's almost not possible for me to find a straight up recommendation of one amazing moisturiser from her, so I went on my own little quest to find one.
I've bought a Pai Starter Kit previously and for just £5.00 was extremely impressed as it included 6 samples ranging from their moisturisers to a cleanser and an exfoliator, along with one of their muslin cloths. I decided I'd try this moisturiser - Geranium & Thistle Balancing Day Cream - as it was aimed at my specific skin type, even though every moisturiser in the pack seemed to work fine with my skin.

My skin type: Normal - Combination (oily T-zone and get hormonal spots on my chin from time to time along with little ones on my forehead sometimes)

Firstly, Pai have recently changed their packaging from a 30ml bottle to a 50ml, and what gorgeous packaging it is too. It has such a lovely feel to it and the glass is matte which just makes it feel really sleek.  It has a pump applicator which is great in terms of hygiene as moisturisers stored in pots do not protect the beneficial ingredients and antioxidants in the product, therefore they will have gone before you're done with the moisturiser. The only con of this packaging is that when the product appears to have finished, if you take the lid off there is some left in the bottom. My solution for this is to take the lid off and get the moisturiser out from the bottom, maybe contradicting my point before but at least you're getting your whole use!
The smell of this product is very clean and you know that it is all natural. It has a little bit of a thicker texture in comparison to other moisturisers aimed at a combination skin type, but it's not that noticeable so don't panic at that! Even oily skin needs proper moisture. It's lovely to use and has made my skin feel a lot softer. The previous blog post I wrote about my mission to eat clean may have contributed to the improvement in my skin, but obviously this product works well and the fact that it's all natural is amazing. I use 1 and a half pumps as I moisturise down to my d├ęcolletage (HELLO BIG WORD) so 1 pump doesn't feel like enough. I will let you know how long it lasts as I use this morning and night.
This moisturiser is on the pricier end of the spectrum, although it's definitely not THE priciest trust me. It is definitely worth investing in a product if you know it works for you and with Pai you know there aren't any harmful chemicals in their products.
This moisturiser leaves my skin feeling pretty hydrated and mattifies it only slightly, although I don't look for that in particular in products like these. It's lovely to use and I feel like I'm helping my skin by using such a natural, wonderful moisturiser. I would definitely recommend this to anyone really, and remember that it is 50ml which is an extra 2/3 more than most moisturiser's average size!

Have you ever tried any Pai products? Would you like to know anything else about Pai or this moisturiser? Thanks for reading!

10 comments:

  1. I got a sample of this moisturiser and it smells gorgeous. I don't have oily/combination skin but I really want to buy the full size of this because it smells soooo good. I agree that the packaging is lovely too xx
    http://abeauty-fulllife14.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe this wouldn't be overly moisturising for people with dry skin obviously, but otherwise it's beautiful! xx

      Delete
  2. I've never heard of this brand but would love to know how you get on xx

    http://mehshake.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely have a look at their website, it's worth spending a little bit more on such beautiful products :) x

      Delete
  3. I've always wanted to try Pai out, and this looks just beautiful!! I love their ethos and branding - just a matter of getting my hands on some to try now! T xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, as you can tell haha! Let me know how you get on :) xx

      Delete
  4. love!
    xx
    daniella
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. my skin is so difficult. I have to be very careful about what I put on it. I find jojoba oil works really well, especially in cold winters!
    www.wearitbetter.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully you'll like Pai's stuff, although I have heard some reviews about their skin not liking some of their products I think they're pretty good generally.

      Delete